Thursday, January 12, 2012

Curious Southerner

During my passage through this Composition class @ Kaplan University, I have come to discern several new characteristics about myself. I have realized that I am easily intrigued and readily distracted. (sure qualities of a southern Belle, right) I tend to always consider newfangled things to capture my attention. ( oh shiny objects!!) Moreover, being curious and fascinated by peculiar ideas or experiences, I have found that I can be distracted at the drop of a hat. (Look! A polka dotted squirrel)
Being easily intrigued relates to my writing experience in as much as it induces research and investigation. (why are them squirrels wearing polka dotted clothes?)Exploration of facts and information aids the writing experience with a wealth of knowledge. (polka dotted squirrels are amazin') However, enduring readily distraction is not a simple endeavor. Focusing on the writing or topic of the week proved to be an ambitious task for me some units. Spearheading my thoughts for the discussion board lead me on interesting journeys in research. (polka dotted squirrels do exist in Laurelwood)
You see, being attracted to new inklings, and freely distracted, produced chaos in my brainstorming.
Throughout this course, I have fallen in love with the Thesaurus. Determining that I am easily intrigued, the thesaurus has guided me into a bigger vocabulary, the dictionary has taught me new meanings, being curious has guided my research. Being readily distracted has aided me in being a better organizer of my ideas and research, take notes with clarity, and become a better listener and problem solver.

Rock on polka dotted squirrels!!

No comments:

Post a Comment